General options screen needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General options screen needed

Post by jinchoung on Thu 9 Jan - 23:37

Hey Michael!

Fantastic game! Really great sense of mystery and exploration and some really cool writing too! The sci-fi elements really seem like they're made by someone who knows and likes sci-fi!

At first, the game is really ridiculously hard and I felt like the others who say that fuel is too scarce... But after figuring out the basic strategy, I think I've got the idea on how to keep going. In fact, I made it to the end of the beta!

One thing I would request however is an option to skip the interstellar space folding animation. It's cool the first couple of times but after that I push the skip button every time and that gets to be onerous. Actually, the ideal implementation imo is the option for much shorter animations as well as the option to skip. If it was a half second clip, I wouldn't mind seeing it all the time.

Also, it would be cool if you can make the game open enough so that we can design our own encounters! The structure of an encounter is very limited in scope and I think it would be a fun way for the community to keep the game fresh.

==========

Finally, the game is fun but after a couple of run throughs, it does feel a bit repetitive. Some variety would help a lot.

Combat? Nothing like ftl... Just some good ol fashion ship to ship tactics?

Mini games as encounters?

Leveling up and gaining "rank"? Based on distance and technology acquired? at the end, there's a nice summary of stats but something that's a little more "score" like with a record of the last 10 best runs or something would be cool and would urge you on to do better next time.

Oh and maybe optional quests that hilite other star systems that diverge from the main path that you can go to if you want?

Maybe an alien artifact collecting component that develops the main story (collecting pieces as you go)?

More sound effects would make all the user actions feel more substantial and fell more satisfying to do...

Just some things that I thought about as I was playing.

Please consider or disregard at your discretion.

Congrats and can't wait for the rest!

jinchoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General options screen needed

Post by MichaelP on Fri 10 Jan - 9:36

Thanks for your feedback!
There is no plan for modding at this time.
We'll think about it when we'll work on the PC version.
Also, no combat.

We'll see what we can improve in the scoring area.

The beta is just the very beginning of the game.
Some of your wishes will be fulfilled in the final release Wink

MichaelP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jinchoung on Fri 10 Jan - 9:40

sweeeeet. can't wait! thanks much!

jin

jinchoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down