Out There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to beat the game.

2 posters

Go down

How to beat the game. Empty How to beat the game.

Post by JCAP Tue 29 Apr - 0:26

I've done the red ending now with every space ship except the starting one and the little one.  The following is my technique to beating the game.

1.  Spaceship:  The larger the ship the better your chances for beating the game so the balloon ship is your best bet but you can do it with the others but as your cargo space goes down the difficulty increases.
2.  Mandatory Technologies:  Telescope; double upgraded space folder; at least single upgraded shield protector and the ultraprobe.    You need to have the double upgraded spacefolder to carry the distance between the stars around the red objective.  You need the telescope to realize the spacefolder upgrade, meaning you can't move the screen without the telescope.  The ultraprobe to use stars for fuel since most gas planets will be inhabited by evil aliens.  You need the upgraded shield for two reasons; firstly to handle probing the stars but also to minimize the carrying of FE so you have more cargo space for other things.
3. Nice to have technologies:  Double upgraded shield protector, single upgraded interplanetary engine and the drill expansion rig.
4. Misc:  You'll need the wormhole, death seed technologies and omega for the very end.

Techniques:  
1.  Technology build up:  You get technology via landing on rocky planets, trading with Aliens and happen stance.  I therefore hit every planet that I can.  I zig zag back and forth regardless if I'm heading towards the red objective or not.  I hit every garden planet in hopes of either gaining technology, acquiring omega and or at least translating the language which eventually assures a positive exchange with the aliens. You have to get the larger spaceship and the above mandatory technologies before the eventual ass kicking by the evil aliens.  If I'm good on elements I still at least land on rocky planets for the chance of having technology waiting on the planet.
2.  Secondary reason for build up:  When you get the evil alien beat down you arbitrarily lose cargo and technology so it's best to have as much of everything prior to the meeting.  Who cares if you forget the cryonics technology, right?  If you come out of the evil alien beat down with out one of the mandatory technologies you might as well give up and start over.
3.  Various:  Firstly you need to play the game a fair amount to make sure you make the right decisions that way you don't get warped away or select a bad outcome.  Beyond that there are the little things that people have mentioned on this board that help.  If I get to a solar system with a ship that I don't want I still take it over bleed the system dry then go back and do a cargo exchange.  There's the level 1 probing to get all you can out of a gas/star planet.  Once you have the death seed and your hurting for oxygen you can kill a system that had a garden planet which turns rocky but when you drill it still has the garden planet elements.

That's pretty much it.  If you do the above you'll beat be able to complete the red objective.

JCAP

Back to top Go down

How to beat the game. Empty Re: How to beat the game.

Post by stereosi Fri 2 May - 13:04

Thanks for the tips!

stereosi

Back to top Go down

Post by JCAP Thu 15 May - 14:59

An improvement to the above recommendations is to craft the inferometer technology. In the above I was hitting every system to find technology. With the inferometer I only go to systems with a garden planet and or an anomaly which is either a station or a ship. You decipher the alien language much faster and therefore build up technology much faster. You get to your bigger spaceship faster and all the while you can be moving towards the red objective. Using this method I get between the green and the red systems fully loaded before I get attacked my the evil aliens. It may not be a must have technology but it's the number one nice to have.

JCAP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down