I'm trapped and can't reach other stars -out of range

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm trapped and can't reach other stars -out of range

Post by EstebanLB on Mon 12 Jan - 22:24

I got an event that made me choose between 4 options, the 4th, the one I choosed, sent me to another star, I started traveling again (a linear path as I had no other option) and reached the end of the line where the next star is out of range from the standar Space Folder. Therefore I can't reach any further. I backtracked my steps to find the bifurcation but reached another dead end.
Does anyone knows how can I get out of this? I'm talking about some kind of cheat because what happened to me is not fair!

EstebanLB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm trapped and can't reach other stars -out of range

Post by SebasSant on Sat 17 Jan - 19:35

You can only travel around hoping find the tech to jump further, is not fair, but it's part of the game, that's why it's so hard

SebasSant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zars15 on Sat 17 Jan - 20:03

Hah, something similar just happened to me as well. I couldn't find way to red goal, so I decided I should flow with dark matter river. It lead me to 2 lone solar systems, with no way away.
zars15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve-O on Sun 18 Jan - 15:41

EstebanLB wrote:
Does anyone knows how can I get out of this? I'm talking about some kind of cheat because what happened to me is not fair!

You can't get out of it (assuming you've exhausted exploration options among the stars you can reach.) It is not fair. That's part of the appeal.

Out There is a roguelike, and roguelikes are known for being highly random. Death is often swift and brutal, and sometimes completely unavoidable. It's also permanent. The only solution is to start over from the beginning. There is no promise that you will be able to reach the end as long as you're alive.

For those of us who enjoy roguelike games, the fact that you could be trapped or killed at any time, with little if any warning, is part of the challenge. It's part of the replayability and it makes victory that much sweeter when we finally do achieve it.

Personally, I try to avoid warping effects as much as possible in order to avoid precisely this outcome. But sometimes, they ambush you anyway. Another thing to watch out for is swapping ships later in the game, when the stars are farther apart. I've had games where I changed ships, neglecting the fact that the new ship has no tech that extends jump range, and I don't have resources/tech knowledge to build any. Then I wind up stuck in a single solar system, unable to reach any of the neighbouring systems.

Steve-O

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Voyager on Wed 11 Feb - 13:12

In my last game I was doing VERY good. My ship had all kinds of power upgrades so I was using very little fuel and was able to warp really far away.

But I had one "slight" problem. I had no telescope as an incident erased the blueprint... So I was able to hop far, but was unable to see far enough to use it. Tough luck... So I hopped back, trying to land on as many (friendly) rocky planets as my fuel and oxygen would let me, hoping to find the blueprint - or a new ship with it installed.

I didn't. My epic journey ended near the starting location, me trying to get to just one more system.

Loved it.

Space Voyager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top