Out There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetary systems data.

3 posters

Go down

Planetary systems data. Empty Planetary systems data.

Post by Esdeve Sun 1 Mar - 19:42

Since I assume being able to go back to an already explored area may not be only for aesthetic (just knowing the fact we are able to exploit stars resources later on, or turn (of course a solitary without planet ^^) star into a blackhole and travel through it is enough to know already ^^) :

So once a system is visited, it may be wise to add some more data on it from the map view, as a logbook.
-Presence of a ship and info about it.
-Presence of a cubic station if re usable.
-Number of planets, their nature, all resources exploited or not (if not renewable and as I think must keep being). inhabitants nature for a planet with life, relationship with them already "consumed" or not.
-Others that I can't think of from my early knowledge of the game.

Developing the idea, the fact we are not able to see all stars already visited because of the limitations of the telescope, the logbook can be a separate interface accessible from the ship screen, with an icon next to the technologies panel icon.

The selection of a planetary system in it resulting in making an arrow appear with its general direction, following the example of the red goal arrow we have in the beginning.

Keeping the management aspect of the game in mind, such log may only record a strictly limited number of selected places we can memorize/trash as we want ... well, any diligent fool can take some paper notes or draw a map too ... ^^

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Planetary systems data. Empty Re: Planetary systems data.

Post by geff Wed 4 Mar - 12:25

Hi Esdeve,

logbook is a seductive idea.
But a technology (which I let you discover) has a similar effect.

geff

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Wed 4 Mar - 13:58

Ansible thing reference ? (used an re-used, but great reference ^^)
Or, not sure about what might be the english name, "geological scanner" ?

I got both.
I assume I can't already see nor know for sure the max scale of the telescope right now (I already had two enhancement techs in the same time, lens and the wormhole travel thing I could'nt test because of the freeze bug ...), but then, I've seen the telescope scale can be wide yeah ^^. So far I couldn't completely test ansible to know if it says there is an abandoned ship in a system, and don't know if there is a way to know there are resources left, or a forgotten/earlier not possible planet inhabitant encounter to do and go back for.

The log book idea was more for this going back goal. RE-exploration. RE-find a ship we were forced to abandon. RE-find a planet we didn't visit because of need of fuel first. RE-find a star without planets to turn it in a worm hole if usefull.

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by geff Wed 4 Mar - 14:06

Hi Esdeve,

there is an other technology which can observe more precisely what a solar system contains.
You can grow up your telescope with a third technology.

We keep the logbook idea in mind.

geff

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Wed 4 Mar - 16:39

Ok. If possible obtaining it with beta, I may find it.

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by geff Wed 4 Mar - 16:40

Yes it's possible.

geff

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Thu 5 Mar - 14:52

Well. So the only thing new in my idea is the personalized landmark and arrow.

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Voyager Thu 5 Mar - 15:31

I'd love to be able to add notes on a system, too. Like, mined all fuel etc.

Space Voyager

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Fri 6 Mar - 14:17

Mhhh, should be considered as a duplicate since there are technologies to have these info. Being able to write a post-it on stars at will, would rend these technologies always more precises than a player, but almost useless because dispensable. The choices players have to do between ship performances and its capacity of gaining intel on others worlds, would become inexistent too, while the game is all about managing.

What I asked for at the beginning were quite similar to you ^^' and I thought myself there wasn't an equivalent of my ideas in the game because I didn't encounter it. Because of what says the first paragraph, I now feel like having asked for cheats, and that the only thing there is not now is the landmark/coordinates memorization feature.

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down