Resume game doesn't pick up where you left off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resume game doesn't pick up where you left off

Post by Ivan Dogovich on Mon 23 Mar - 13:25

I played a session and recorded it for You Tube.  In the first episode I traveled to a yellow dwarf system and explored and exploited it.  I ended the episode leaving the next destination as a choice to the viewers.

When I started the game for the next session, I clicked "resume" and continued on to the next system.  However, all of the previous progress in the last system was lost: Minerals harvested/expended, Fuel, Hull, and O2 levels.  I only noticed this because one of my viewers pointed this out.

First system:

Upon Entry: t=7m43s
Cargo load At end of episode: t=11m56s
Resource levels At end of episode: t=13m17s

Second Episode:

Resources: t=34s
Cargo: t=3m23s  

Cheers, Ivan Very Happy

Edit: when I tried submitting this with just the links, I was denied with the message "New members aren't allowed to share links for 7 days. Contact the forum administrator" Therefore, I used the YT embed method
Ivan Dogovich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resume game doesn't pick up where you left off

Post by Esdeve on Wed 25 Mar - 3:26

Yup. Saving looks like to be made at the arrival in a new star system, and not after each action, or when leaving the game. Therefore I always end my gaming session by a last travel ... Well, it doesn't prevent you to post episodic youtube video leaving the choice to followers, the way you did, but I agree it may be better to at least save when closing the game too.

Last edited by Esdeve on Mon 30 Mar - 12:23; edited 1 time in total

Esdeve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geff on Mon 30 Mar - 11:15

Hi Ivan, Esdeve,

Esdeve is right, the game is saved just after reading an adventure, so after a travel.

The final version will show you a beautifull "Progress saved" when the game is saved.

geff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top