Modules staking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Modules staking

Post by GromOzekA on Thu 6 Mar - 23:12

I have a few questions about modules related to same attribute. It looks like they stack in some very strange manner. I have a solar sails on my ship, and then i installed a gravitational sails, but i got no visable bonus to my power. Same for tau stasis and subspace reactor, bonus to power does not stack, but jump range bonus is stacks. My sight range is less than jump range now:)

Same stuff for shields, but even worse. Void fluctuation projector and supa-conductors protection are both "shield/prevents all damage" and it not clear what the difference, and words "all damage" is confusing, coz its a lie.

Does somebody have some info about?

Sorry for grammar.

GromOzekA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modules staking

Post by Awaras on Fri 7 Mar - 7:45

Some upgrades (like tau stasis) increase your jump range. Others (like solar sails) reduce your fuel consumption while travelling between planets in the same solar system. I am not certain but some upgrades might reduce your fuel consumption for jumps as well.

I have no idea how all this ties into the 'power' rating exactly... :/

Awaras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GromOzekA on Fri 7 Mar - 12:15

As I uderstand, fuel consumtion is directly related to power stat. Same is for damage taken and resistance. No matter what is written in module hint.

GromOzekA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri 7 Mar - 14:55

It can happen, when your ship's stats are already very high, that if you add a module, the power enhancement is not visible on the status bar.

(it's because the status bar follows a logarithmic law)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://outthere.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by GromOzekA on Fri 7 Mar - 16:42

If so, it's kinda counterintuitive. I understand why fuel consumtion rate decrease nonlinear. But status bar is some kind of rating stat. And most common logic here is linear. Then i am upgrading my power from 7 to 8 i get 14% bouns, not so much for one slot of a ship. But this one point of power decrease my fuel consumtion from 4 to 3 => 25% reduction => 33% real bonus.

The way a status bars are calulated is really complicated and unclear, imho.

GromOzekA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bandit on Sat 8 Mar - 3:14

It is unclear. I've noticed some ships Max out at a certain point. I put all the power mods in the cruiser Looking ship but power only went to 5 bars. Not the case with the castle and tree ships

bandit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by R22 on Mon 10 Mar - 10:59

I find today that some tech who need another tech as a requirement, work even alone.

I found an upgrade for the forceshield in an abandonned ship, and the ship was getting the bonus.

Something odd for me is the need to have a lot's of tech to end a run, it seem we need upagred engine, a forceshield, an upgrade He probe and a tau statis, and maybe more.
R22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naprik on Tue 11 Mar - 21:33

I've noticed that if you build advanced tech next to its "prerequisite" a glowing blue box appears around the advanced tech and flows into the prerequisite tech. I haven't tested to see if the techs work better when they are next to each other.

Naprik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by R22 on Tue 11 Mar - 22:05

It seem you get one more point in efficiency.
R22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyWeb on Sun 16 Mar - 6:41

I specifically noticed that one of the upgrades that works off of the Space Folder saw a jump in the range capabilities when installed next to the Space Folder itself. Now whenever I take over a new ship, I dismantle the engines and rebuild them in a better spot before I ever move aboard.

JennyWeb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top