Out There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions Empty Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions

Post by kaiserpc Sun 9 Mar - 21:23

I'm really liking the game (the difficulty / randomness are pitched so I keep coming back for more - yes it's hard but not too hard!)

anyways, so you find a ship but don't want to take it over - so you dismantle it's components etc to get resources. It would be good it you could take the Oxygen and Fuel from it as well. I've seen myself arrive at a new ship a few times with no oxygen or fuel left and being forced to take it over (even though it was much worse than mine) because I can't remove the oxygen / fuel.

It would be great it there was a way to upgrade the storage capacity of the ships - at the moment unless you have the "tree" ship you run out of storage space pretty quickly. So some sort of new device that you can install that gives you 5 more storage bays for example.

An indication if you have mined / visited a planet already would be really useful

last thing - so you can store 20 helium is one cargo bay, but you can't store different elements together - so if I have 1th, 2co, 3pt that's 3 bays used up even thoese it's far less than 20tonnes of elements - not sure how to go about it, but storing small amounts of different elements (that don't chemically react with each other :-)) in the same bay would be great.

As I say great game - hope you keep expanding it in the future

kaiserpc

Back to top Go down

Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions Empty Re: Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions

Post by cryptidcw Tue 11 Mar - 23:14

It would be a good idea.

cryptidcw

Back to top Go down

Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions Empty Re: Option to take Oxygen / fuel from ship and other suggestions

Post by gurggles Wed 19 Mar - 15:55

I would pay an IAP to drain fuel from another ship. Or at least be able to learn the technology on the ship at the cost of oxygen (spending more time to learn and research).

gurggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasimir Thu 20 Mar - 21:47

Learning tech from other ships would make a lot of sense! Througout all the game you encounter stuff... study it... and learn tech. Why can't you do it on yet another abandoned ship?

Hasimir

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrjspeed Wed 26 Mar - 2:15

I think studying is a good idea. It's a contradiction to be able to study it from a jump event but not on an abandoned ship with some nice tech.

I don't mind not being able to transfer oxygen or fuel from another ship though. I try to use the fresh ship to harvest consumables and bring my original ship back to life. It doesn't always work, but we need to keep in mind that if the game was designed for success on every run it wouldn't be as entertaining.

Mrjspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down