Out There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost a save

3 posters

Go down

Lost a save Empty Lost a save

Post by Esdeve Sun 22 Mar - 15:27

Like said, I lost a save. "Continue" button launched the new tutorial instead of it. Trying to reproduce. Since I'm playing windowed, I didn't notice how I quited the game, may have been naturally with the cross button of the window, but it should not be harmful since it looks like the saves are made after each travel ...

I'm so paranoiac about saving data, gaming or not, I think I'm going to make a regular backup of she save file, at least at greats turns of the game.
I was reaching a ENNNNNNND !!!! So frustrated XD

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Lost a save Empty Re: Lost a save

Post by MichaelP Mon 23 Mar - 13:16

Hi Esdeve,
We've just found this bug. It should be fixed in the next update.
Cheers.

MichaelP

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Wed 25 Mar - 2:25

Oy.
Don't know if you resolved this.
Like I said, I started to backup my save files regularly (while playing).

The last save I did makes me start at the tutorial, while the second to last and older are ok.

Since the saves seems to be made at each arrival to a new star, I never restart the game between backups, and just copy/past/rename them, keeping the game running (not always for the last one when I stop playing).

Since I backuped my files and they almost all works, this makes me think the problem is the saving itself and not "continue" game. But I can't find any other difference in what I made for the last bad one than what is in brackets above. Does closing the software change anything/makes the game saving again ? and here is the cause for the corrupted file ?? Or is the saving problem random ?

Hope this may help.

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Dogovich Wed 25 Mar - 4:22

Esdeve: Where are the save files located?
Ivan Dogovich
Ivan Dogovich

Back to top Go down

Post by Esdeve Wed 25 Mar - 12:19

If not in the game's directory, it's the same for most of games now, with or without manual save. I'll just say it depend of your OS too, and if it's a steam/desura/no platform/anything else game ... I won't inform about anything else Wink I know it's only waffle but it's rally easy to find, and if you want it, you'll have found it, for this game or not, one day or another, and that's why I permitted myself to speak about this. However I just don't want to encourage doing it, even with the actual bug which is temporal.

It's my answer for any other thing close to be or being complete treachery (as modifying things in real time in a lot lot lot of games without waiting for someone to make a trainer), and even if save backups/trainer thing are a greaaaaat help when testing or trying to reproduce a bug as a player. In gaming, I saw too much times that the result in knowing how to do something is simply doing it, beating the game like a hard gamer by breaking it and what the devs are looking for it, so I only trust myself. Knowing that something exists is different than knowing how to make it existing. Now you know ... Sooooorry. ^^

Ps : Wouuh, writing this, I'd say I've been a total hypocrite on another subject, answering to a user who found the glitch to pass the past beta limitation, and said it publicly but not reveling the how to ...

Esdeve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down