Out There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humble Bundle Download Issues (and how I fixed them)

2 posters

Go down

Humble Bundle Download Issues (and how I fixed them) Empty Humble Bundle Download Issues (and how I fixed them)

Post by mrkai Wed 28 Jan - 9:52

Hi guys. So, I'm a dev so these reports will be somewhat technical, so I hope they are helpful.

1. .7z  compression
Not very commonly known and I'm not sure OS X's built-in de-archiver handles it. I happen to use The Unarchiver and had it installed already.

2. OutThereOmega binary in bundle was not executable
Once the archive decompressed, the actual app itself could not actually launch because OutThereOmega.app/Contents/MacOS/OutThereOmega isn't executable. In the term I made it chmod +x

3. App can't run from Finder due to dylib path error
Even after chmod'ing the executable, the app still can't launch. It appears there is an absolute path coded into the binary for the embedded mono runtime:

Dyld Error Message:
 Symbol not found: _mono_set_dirs
 Referenced from: /Users/USER/Downloads/*/OutThereOmega.app/Contents/MacOS/OutThereOmega
 Expected in: /Users/USER/Downloads/*/OutThereOmega.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libmono.0.dylib

This should be relative. However by moving the app to /Applications it runs from the Finder with a double-click. It should be able to run from anywhere.

Hope this feedback was helpful...

-K

mrkai

Back to top Go down

Humble Bundle Download Issues (and how I fixed them) Empty Re: Humble Bundle Download Issues (and how I fixed them)

Post by MichaelP Wed 28 Jan - 12:10

Hi Mrkai.
Thanks for your precious feedback.
We're aware of this issue and working on a fix.
We'll likely drop 7z and use zip compression.

MichaelP

Back to top Go down